Saturday, December 4, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Time is marching on and with only 20 more days to tick off, everything seems to be falling into place very nicely.  

The distraction has become its own entity and a certain sense of calm and excitement ripples through my body. 

With the impending trip looming I can’t resist checking the weather.

Most of Europe has gone into lock down, Heathrow closed due to the amount of snow, Russia has had its coldest early December in a long time and the French electricity network warned of cuts in supply as everyone cranks up their heaters! 

Meanwhile, in not so sunny Brisbane, my water tank is overflowing, my back yard looks like a quagmire and any attempt to try to do some gardening today have diminished with the relentless rain.  This secretly makes me happy, it has let me off the hook for the time being.

As the list gets smaller, the pile of stuff that I think I am going to take gets bigger.  I don’t know how I think I am going to magically squeeze all of that stuff into one suitcase and come in under weight

Then I thought; hello sunshine, wake up, you are going to Paris to wash that man right out of your hair and fill your head with positive thoughts and try to restore your faith and trust in human nature and shop!

Rainy day weather is a good opportunity to reduce, cull and be brutal. 

Can I really survive with a pair of jeans, a fur coat and a smile?

When I wander down the  Champs-Elysèes on Christmas day, with little snow flakes fluttering and resting on my shoulders, I will quietly hum, I’m Dreaming of A White Christmas and realise that  I won't have to dream any more because the snow fairy has granted my wish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home