Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Les Quatre Saisons - Vivaldi's Four Seasons

The Four Seasons, now I'm not talking about Melbourne's weather in one day. I'm talking about Vivaldi's Four Seasons.

Don't you just love it. This is the 'norm' Vivaldi's Four Seasons performed in La Sainte-Chapelle.

Forgive me for sounding excited - it is only because I am.

La Sainte-Chapelle is a magnificent 13th century gothic chapel with beautiful stained glass windows. It sits on one of the two islands in the centre of Paris known as Ile de la Citè not far from the Notre Dame.

Sainte-Chapelle was commissioned by King Louis IX and went up very quickly with the planning in 1241 and by 1248 it was consecrated.

I am getting goosebumps just thinking about sitting in there listening and watching Vivaldi's Four Seasons in this beautiful structure.

Photo Courtesy: Didier via Wikipedia 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home