Saturday, December 11, 2010

Soundtrack to Paris

Music has that wonderful ability to leave an indelible imprint, like smell.


Both music and smell can whisk you back instantly to that moment in time, reminding you of all the emotions and memories.


Given certain circumstances of late, a lot of my music collection brings back too many memories, memories I don't want to dwell on at the moment.  So in an effort to search for music for my Paris Soundtrack, Red offered to raid her music collection. 


In the meantime, I thought I would scour the internet and see what is hot in the charts in Paris at the moment. This way I can introduce new stylish Parisian vibes to my collection and this new music will weave its way into my life and become part of my new memories. 


A wonderful Parisian discovery a few years back was The Gotan Project with their stylishly sexy tango-esque vibes, I am wondering what will top that.


What I have discovered this time is Rene La Taupe singing Mignon Mignon  (Sweet Sweet).  It is topping the charts, at number one, a cute, chubby, farting, beaver type critter.


But wait; it gets better, I mean really better - and how quick are these remix dudes. Now this really rocks, an even newer remix version.


Good old Rene La Taupe even managed to trump Rihanna with Only Girl in the World placed at number two but then hang on what do we have here at number three - not him again, I am afraid so this time belting out Tu Parles Trop (You Speak Too Much) at number 3.


Ok I am going to let you discover the rest of the top of the pops for yourself.


Myself, I am going over to Red's to raid her music collection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home