Tuesday, December 21, 2010

In the Hands of The Snow Fairy


Who Wants a White Christmas Anyway?

It was only yesterday, – I threw my head back and laughed  – ha ha ha – I can see myself stranded in Singapore on Christmas Day with a suitcase full of winter clothes -  ha ha ha.

And as if on cue – the kookaburras in my giant Moreton Bay Fig all joined in.

Ha ha, indeed.

The plan was, arrive Christmas morning, shower, don the new gloves, rug up in a coat and walk along the Champs-Élysées with little snowflakes resting on my shoulders.

Looks like those darling innocent little snowflakes were a bit too eager to please.

Now that seemingly, light, funny, carefree statement is quickly becoming a reality.

People are stranded across Asia, some have slept at Heathrow Airport  for three days, struggling with the fact that they may not spend Christmas with their family and loved ones.  (If you get a chance to read some of the comments at the bottom of the link, from people across Europe, it proves to be some pretty funny and insightful reading)

People have suggested once in London to take the Eurostar.

The Eurostar is busy at this time of the year anyway and now with the snow disruptions, I have heard stories of people lining up for 5 ½ hours. 


This youtube link took the photographer 13 minutes to film and she still didn’t reach the beginning of the line. 

Only time will tell where I end up. 

I am in the hands of the weather, fate, British Airport Authorities and the snow fairy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home